Joy Ryder (Apenas R$ 12,00)
Shorter is in great form on Joy Ryder.
His sound and approach on soprano are unmistakeable and instantly recognizable.
He allows himself much more space to blow than he did on the undersung and misunderstood classic Phantom Navigator, and he takes full advantage of it.
That’s probably why most jazz critics vastly prefer Joy Ryder to Phantom Navigator.
It is brilliant.
Studio Album, released in 1988
Songs / Tracks Listing
1. "Joy Ryder"
3. "Over Shadown Hill Way"
7. "Someplace Called "Where""
Line-up / Musicians
* Wayne Shorter: tenor, and soprano saxophone
* Patrice Rushen: piano, synthesizer
* Geri Allen: piano, synthesizer
* Herbie Hancock: synthesizer
* Nathan East: electric bass
* Darryl Jones: electric bass
* Terri Lyne Carrington: drums
* Frank Colon: percussion
* Dianne Reeves: vocals (7)